Kohanaiki is re-envisioning the luxury home building experience in Hawai`i with our “Kohanaiki Builders” program. Kohanaiki Builders’ in-house team of professionals offer an exceptional level of experience and service uniquely designed to make the complex task of building a custom home in Hawai’i simple, efficient, and enjoyable.
The K-Builders Team is dedicated exclusively to Kohanaiki. We work closely with our Members, from the initial planning and design through completion of their home. A singular focus on Kohanaiki allows us to provide a range of home-building services to fit your dreams and needs. Select from these options:
- Work with you to customize and build one of our current home designs to best fit your lot and select architectural finishes to reflect your personal taste; or
- Act as your on-site Owner’s Representative to manage the design and construction process with your architect and builder; or
- Serve as your general contractor to build a home custom-designed by your architect
As your Owner’s Representative/Construction Manager, we will:
- Take the worries out of the process of designing and building a new residence thousands of miles from home
- Ensure the best quality of your finished home
- Use our local knowledge and relationships to ensure the design is appropriate to Hawai’i and to assemble the right team of
contractors and vendors
Kohanaiki Builders is able to offer a very efficient solution to building your home by using our existing home designs. The many benefits of this option include:
- Walk each of the homes to pick the one that best suits your family’s lifestyle
- Quick turnaround on design, specific to your lot
- Talented design team to help you customize the plan and select finishes
- Real-time budget estimates based on recent market pricing
- Leverage existing trade relationships for best pricing
Our team of professionals has over 100 years of combined design, development, and construction experience in the state of Hawai’i. We have worked on some of the most prestigious developments in Hawai’i, including: Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Kuki`o, The Ritz-Carlton, Mauna Lani, and Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. Our team has designed and constructed many luxury homes on the Kona-Kohala Coast as well as a number of large commercial and infrastructure projects. This breadth of experience in a collaborative work environment allows us to innovate and execute to the highest levels.
VICE PRESIDENT, DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
With more than 35 years of industry experience, Scott’s depth of experience has been critical to the design, development, and construction of Kohanaiki’s facilities and homes. Prior to joining Kohanaiki, he held key management positions in development at luxury resorts along the Kona and Kohala Coasts.
RESIDENTIAL PROJECT MANAGER
Jim brings 33 years of construction experience to the K-Builders team. The last 13 years, he has overseen the construction of luxury homes on the Kohala Coast. As project manager, Jim oversees the construction and delivery of K-Builders’ products.
DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION OPERATIONS
A 24-year resident of the Big Island, Bill worked with firms responsible for much of the site work at Kohanaiki during its formative years. He joined the team in 2016, and looks forward to working with Kohanaiki to ensure the continuing stewardship of the land and all of its resources.
DIRECTOR OF DESIGN
Kae’s multi-faceted role at Kohanaiki encompasses land planning, architecture, landscape design, and construction and interior design. A member of the American Institute of Architects, she has over 25 years of experience in design and construction in Hawai’i.