Kohanaiki is re-envisioning the luxury homebuilding experience in Hawai’i with its “K-Builders” program. Our in-house team of professionals offers an exceptional level of experience and service uniquely designed to make the complex task of building a custom home in Hawai’i easier, faster, more predictable, and more enjoyable.
Our team of professionals has over 100 years of combined design, development, and construction experience in the state of Hawai’i.
We have worked on some of the most prestigious developments in Hawai’i including:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- The Ritz Carlton Mauna Lani
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
In addition, our team has designed and constructed many luxury custom homes on the Kona-Kohala Coast along with several large commercial and infrastructure projects from subdivisions to bottling plants. This breadth of experience in a collaborative work environment allows us to innovate and execute to the highest levels.
The range of experience our team offers is unlike any other team assembled. We bring a rigorous approach to building for our members, where no detail is too small.
The K-Builders Team is dedicated exclusively to Kohanaiki. We work closely with our members, from the initial planning and design stage right through to completion of the home and final turnover. The scale of development at Kohanaiki, combined with a singular focus on Kohanaiki, allows us to leverage our existing management infrastructure to provide a range of home-building services to fit your dreams and needs:
- Work with you to customize one of our current home designs to best fit your lot and lifestyle, and to reflect your personal taste in finishes
- Act as your on-site Owner’s Representative to manage the design and construction process with your architect and builder
- Serve as your general contractor to build a home custom-designed by your architect
Kohanaiki Builders is able to offer a very efficient solution to building your home by using our existing home designs. The many benefits of this option include:
- Walk each of the homes to pick the one that best suits your family’s lifestyle
- Quick turnaround on design to get to permit
- Talented design team to help you select finishes
- Real-time budget estimates based on recent market pricing
- Leverage existing trade relationships for best pricing
As your Owner’s Representative/Construction Manager, we will:
- Take the headaches out of the process of designing and building a new residence thousands of miles from home
- Ensure the best quality of your finished home
- Use our local knowledge and relationships to ensure the design is appropriate to Hawai’i and to assemble the right team of contractors and vendors
A Dedicated Team
VICE PRESIDENT, DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
With more than 35 years of industry experience, Scott’s depth of experience has been critical to the design, development, and construction of Kohanaiki’s facilities and home products. Prior to joining Kohanaiki, he held key management positions in development at luxury resorts along the Kona and Kohala Coasts.
RESIDENTIAL PROJECT MANAGER
Jim brings 33 years of construction experience to the K-Builders team. The last 13 years, he has overseen the construction of luxury homes on the Kohala Coast. As project manager for Kohanaiki Builders, Jim will oversee the construction and delivery of K-Builders’ products.
DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION OPERATIONS
A 24-year resident of the Big Island, Bill worked with firms responsible for much of the site work at Kohanaiki during its formative years. He joined Kohanaiki in 2016, to become part of the Kohanaiki Builders team and looks forward to working with Kohanaiki to ensure the continuing stewardship of the land and all of its resources.
DIRECTOR OF DESIGN
Kae’s multi-faceted role at Kohanaiki encompasses planning, architecture, construction and interior design. A member of the American Institute of Architects, she has over 28 years of experience in design and construction in Hawai’i.